Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric tankless water heaters

On Nov 6, 8:39�am, Kevin Ricks wrote:
Kevin wrote:
As part of a remodel, I am planing on installing an electric, tankless water
heater to supply just our kitchen which has a single faucet and a diswahser.
I would apprecaite reccomendations as to which brands I should consider, and
which ones I should avoid.

TIA
Kevin

Many dishwashers have a heating element that will heat the water anyway
so you don't really gain anything by adding a water heater for the
dishwasher.

Any small point of use in-line water heater would work for the kitchen
faucet. Or maybe consider a separate electric point of use faucet. I
have one of those on my kitchen sink but don't use it much as the water
is very hot, near boiling.

Kevin

cycle time will skyrocket to many hours for just a single load.

dishwashers arent designed to start with cold water.........

the multi hour cycle time will be inconvenient, wear out dishwasher
parts sooner, and run up energy costs