Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default DVD Burner Failure?

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:38:42 -0000, Charles wrote:

"Chris F." wrote in message
This may be slightly off-topic, but this seemed to be the best place I
could find.

At this point I suspect that the laser is crapping out after it warms
up -
would I be right? This drive has (successfully) burned hundreds of CD's
and
DVD's in it's two-year lifetime, so failure would not surprise me. But I'd
still like to make sure before I shell out $50 for a new one.

Make sure the computer is doing nothing else at write time. Also, lots of
RAM helps.

Burning software that "gets behind" often causes problems like yours.

Only with very old drives without burn-proof (anti buffer underrun) technology - the ability to stop and wait for the computer.

Leaving the wedding reception the honeymoon couple hailed a cab to take them to their romantic boutique hotel in the hills. The driver wasn't too sure how to get there and said he would ask
directions when they got closer.
Meanwhile, the lovers couldn't wait and got down to it on the back seat. Seeing a fork in the road the driver said, "I take the next turn, right?"
"No way, get your own," said the groom, "this one's all mine."