Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wooden Ramps

the_constructor expressed precisely :
I need to make some ramps to get my mobility scooter into the shed.

The last pair I made was made from 2 piece3s of 4 x 2 timber about 4 feet
long cut on a diagonal. Screwed to the diagonal was a piece of weather proof
weyroc and a couple of bracing pieces of wood underneath.

These have last me since 1997 and have been out in all weathers, but alas,
nothing lasts forever.

Now, I need the ramps to be made from 6 x 3 stioll about 4 foot long, but
wider than the old ones.

I was thinking of using T & G Floorboard. Is this a good idea ? I can't
afford to purchase weatherproof weyroc in big sheets.

Would aluminium chequer plate not be both lighter and completely
weather proof? Just get a local metal work engineer to cut them and
fold them for you.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)