Posted to alt.home.repair

Default At what point would YOU pass on a potential home where termiteshave been found ????

On Nov 5, 10:00*pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:41:43 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
I *put a deposit down on a home the other day, but active termites
have been found under the back porch on a piece of wood and shovel .
Home is vacant. *No termites were found inside the home. Im having a
second Pest Inspector look thruout the home. * The home is in Florida
which is common for termites. At what point would you pass on a home
with them ? *Thanks.

I'd pass and look elsewhere, as there seems to be a huge supply of
houses for sale.

It's not even clear to me if there were any termites found in the
actual structure itself, or just in a piece of wood and shovel that
were on the ground under the porch. I'd certainly have it closely
inspected and treated, at the seller's expense. If no termites
damage was found in the actual structure, it's obviously much less of
an issue. Whether to pass is more of a personal decision and depends
on many factors, like how great this house is otherwise, price, other
houses that are available, etc.