Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Article: Tools for the kitchen drawer

On Oct 31, 3:19*pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Oct 31, 8:39*am, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,

*"HeyBub" wrote:
From Popular Mechanics:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...o/4289556.html

I especially like the idea of a magnet on the end of a tape rule (for
retrieving things...).

Tools in the kitchen? That's for people (like my g.f.) who don't have
real tools in the garage. I'd rather walk to the garage and get the
correct screwdriver,etc. for the job at hand than use some combo-gizmo.

I've got a tool box that has all the basics: a couple of sizes of flat
screwdrivers,
a couple of sizes of Phillips, adjustable wrenches, needle-nose
pliers,
hammer, and so on. *(At least, I've got that stuff when my husband
doesn't take them and fail to put them away.) *Everything you need for
quick fix around the house. *If it's a more elaborate repair, we get
the
stuff from his workshop (a separate outbuilding).

Oh yeah, and the hand crank radio. You gonna eat that when the
apocalypse comes? Or is some little voice from god going to come on the
air and tell you which 7-11 near you has plenty of food and water still
on the shelves, and which highway out of town is uncongested and leads
to nirvana?

I'm not worried about an apocalypse, but I recall a couple of multi-
day power
outages when I used a battery radio. *Hand crank seems just a little
too
much, though.

Of course, if the apocalypse does come, there's always the Glock with
a round
for me and one for my husband. *Then the looters can feast on our
bodies.
However, their cholesterol will go through the roof. *

Cindy Hamilton

there's always the Glock with a round for me and one for my
husband.

Have you discussed how you will handle this?

One Glock and two bullets means two things:

1 - One of you has to shoot the other. Have you worked that out yet?
2 - Both shots better do their job. That means up close and personal.
A head shot perhaps?