Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Actual Metalworking content: 'New' 1916 110HP Rotary

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:11:31 -0800 (PST), the infamous mike
scrawled the following:

On Nov 5, 7:54*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:

Wow. *I wonder why the strange swash plate design
instead of an articulated crank?

last part of my reply got cut off.

It did use a total loss system of castor oil, drawn in
with the fuel/air mix in the intake manifold. Might have needed
that extra bearing surface, since it wasn't a real pressurized
system

Motocross bikes used a castor oil/gas mix. It reminds me of the old
days at the Carlsbad Raceway in LoCal, smelling freshly burned castor
oil from the bikes. At night, it was the freshly burned methanol from
the dragsters and funny cars. Fuelies Forever!

Ah, da smells of me yout!

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren