Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Anyone using LED lighting at home yet?

SteveB wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

wrote:

Sam's club has some replacement bulbs that are LED
based. Three pack for $15 BUCKS

Anyone tried or using such lighting?

I haven't used them and from what I've seen LED home lighting isn't
ready for prime time. If my local Sam's has those, I'll certainly pick
up a pack to fiddle with at that modest price.

I use the little pop lights under some counters in hard to wire spaces.
They are ok in a pinch, but I do not like the color of light they put out.
I could not imagine using them on large areas. After a while, the light
makes me dizzy.

Steve

The keys to lighting design in residential areas is controlling glare
and keeping the color temperature consistent. With your LED pucks being
a very different color temp than the rest of the lighting in the area
you have a huge clash. If you use all the same color temp lighting in an
area your eyes will readily adjust to it.