Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default Actual Metalworking content: 'New' 1916 110HP Rotary

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:11:31 -0800 (PST), mike
wrote:

On Nov 5, 7:54*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:

Wow. *I wonder why the strange swash plate design
instead of an articulated crank?

last part of my reply got cut off.

It did use a total loss system of castor oil, drawn in
with the fuel/air mix in the intake manifold. Might have needed
that extra bearing surface, since it wasn't a real pressurized
system

**
mike
**

Whether it was a myth or not, but it was said that all the pilots of
rotary engine powered plains in WW I suffered from diarrhoea from the
exhaust fumes and carried a bottle of brandy while flying for
therapeutic purposes.

Bruce-in-Bangkok