Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default At what point would YOU pass on a potential home where termites have been found ????

Colbyt wrote:

If there was no or non-significant structural damage I would more than
likely go ahead and buy it. I would try to get any needed repairs
made at the seller's expense.

Termites do not fly into and then consume a structure. They must
have a path (mud tube" back to the ground. The makes tracking their
travels fairly easy for a pro.

Get multiple inspections (and bids) from different companies, the termite
business seems to attract a lot of people who would otherwise be selling
used cars. For example if you do a web search on complaints about Terminex,
Orkin etc. you'll discover lots of unhappy customers especially in regard to
contracts that don't deliver what employees promised and so on. This
appears to be an area in which particular caution is advised.