Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default I cried...

"Lisa BB." wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

retired54 wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Bob F wrote:
"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in
message ...
ya, of turning us communist.

Communists? You are still worried about communists? When are you
going to leave the 50's?

Sounds like you haven't been keeping up on current events. Putin
recently went into Georgia to test the waters. Beginning in 2009 we
will have a weak, pacifist president. As part of his pacifist ideals
it is guaranteed he will ask for huge cuts of the military budget.
Thats really a cute idea but very naive because guys like Putin
respect strength and don't respect weakness. Remember all of the
media telling us that the world wants Obama (because a weak
president weakens the status of the US relative to them). My strong
guess is that Putin will attempt to begin reacquiring the FSU
members after Obama takes office. Putin is a clever guy and former
KGB so he knows how to get the job done.

Russia has severe internal problems. Putin views America's new
president elect as a threat because he knows if he tries to move into
the Ukraine or Georgia it will be MORE difficult for Russia to hold
due to political strife. IMHO

Obama's presidency only strengthens democracy through-out the world.
Bush did nothing but damage democracy through-out the world.

Bush is the weak president. You need to look at the BIG picture.

BTW: Russia's army is plagued by alcoholism and desertion. The fall
in the price of a barrel of oil has all but emasculated Russia.
Another good reason to conserve!

Olddog

Olddog, I have a question for you and I'm not trying
to be nasty or contentious. It's actually a serious
question. What form of government is The United States
of America? I'd really like to know what you believe.

TDD

The people have spoken. Please don't be so patronizing with your veiled
rhetoric.

Oh I don't need any help!

Thanks anyway.

These misinformed people amuse me!