Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default I cried...

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
retired54 wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Bob F wrote:
"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in message
ya, of turning us communist.

Communists? You are still worried about communists? When are you going
to leave the 50's?

Sounds like you haven't been keeping up on current events. Putin
recently went into Georgia to test the waters. Beginning in 2009 we will
have a weak, pacifist president. As part of his pacifist ideals it is
guaranteed he will ask for huge cuts of the military budget. Thats
really a cute idea but very naive because guys like Putin respect
strength and don't respect weakness. Remember all of the media telling
us that the world wants Obama (because a weak president weakens the
status of the US relative to them). My strong guess is that Putin will
attempt to begin reacquiring the FSU members after Obama takes office.
Putin is a clever guy and former KGB so he knows how to get the job
done.

Russia has severe internal problems. Putin views America's new president
elect as a threat because he knows if he tries to move into the Ukraine
or Georgia it will be MORE difficult for Russia to hold due to political
strife. IMHO

Obama's presidency only strengthens democracy through-out the world. Bush
did nothing but damage democracy through-out the world.

Bush is the weak president. You need to look at the BIG picture.

BTW: Russia's army is plagued by alcoholism and desertion. The fall in
the price of a barrel of oil has all but emasculated Russia. Another good
reason to conserve!

Olddog

Olddog, I have a question for you and I'm not trying
to be nasty or contentious. It's actually a serious
question. What form of government is The United States
of America? I'd really like to know what you believe.

TDD

what's your point?