Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Sic semper tyrannis

wrote:

The flaw there is a well organised pressure group can easily have
influence out of all proportion to its numbers, the Fundamentalist
Christians and your Republican Party spring to mind. Plus, voting in
the US is such a tedious businesses - its mid week so you drop a days
pay, and have to que for hours due to your silly state run systems,
each with its own bugs.

Took me ten minutes at poling place. Combination of paper ballots and optiscan. Plus,
election workers are volunteers, we had enough for our precinct.

When you tend to see long lines, it is a combination of poor systems, lack of workers, and
since past voting dictates future resources, getting an interrest group riled up that
normally doesn't vote to come out finds a lack of resources that cycle. Having poorly
educated people that voting is a new experience for doesn't help either.

As far as voting on Saturday that might cause issues for Jews, Sunday for Christians and
Friday for our Muslims.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller