Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default At what point would YOU pass on a potential home where termites have been found ????

wrote in message
I put a deposit down on a home the other day, but active termites
have been found under the back porch on a piece of wood and shovel .
Home is vacant. No termites were found inside the home. Im having a
second Pest Inspector look thruout the home. The home is in Florida
which is common for termites. At what point would you pass on a home
with them ? Thanks.

First time home buyer aren't you??

If an active infestation were found, as it sounds like there was, I would
expect the seller to treat the property at their expense.

If there was no or non-significant structural damage I would more than
likely go ahead and buy it. I would try to get any needed repairs made at
the seller's expense.

Termites do not fly into and then consume a structure. They must have a
path (mud tube" back to the ground. The makes tracking their travels fairly
easy for a pro.

Colbyt