Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Garner Howard Garner is offline

Default Sic semper tyrannis

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:37:32 -0500, the infamous Howard Garner
scrawled the following:

Perhaps we need to move to multiple votes for each person based on
various criteria.

A read on Nevil Shute's In The Wet can provide some ideas/
everyone gets the basic vote.
Married - an additional one
Children - an additional one
Own your own business - an additional one
Education - an additional one
forgot the 6th reason
the 7th vote could be granted by the Queen(King) of England\\

E FRACKIN gad! How many votes would this outstanding person get?

Qualifications:
a) welfare mothers with 8 children
b) married, but hubby ran off
c) sells crack and prostitutes on the side (2 businesses)
d) bought fake PhD on Internet
e) is alive

That looks like she'd get 5 votes. Nevil should be ashamed.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

Went back and grabbed the book off the shelf.

Your person would only get 1 vote - the basic.

This is a corrected version of the seven votes.
Each of the additional has to be registered with the authorities

Basic - everybody gets this
Education - college degree
Foreign Travel - live outside the country for two years straight
Family - Raise two children to age 14 without a divorce
Achievement - Earned income over xxx (5000 pounds when this was written
in 1953)
Church Official - Any recognized church - including church wardens,
ministers, etc
7th Vote - Granted by the Queen at her discretion - rare.

Howard