Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Andrew Erickson Andrew Erickson is offline

Default Advice on pantry needed (0/1) - shelf.png (1/1)

In article ,
wrote:
I have this old pantry cupboard that I am re-building, and I decided to add
thick doors that will hold cans and small boxes. The front of the doors will
have panels matching the rest of the kitchen. (old pine)

I'm kind of designing and building as I go... it's a real hobby for me!

I decided to use fiber board for the partitions, as you can see in the
photos.

Any advice on holding all this together would be appreciated! I would like
the
option to move things around and change sizes if necessary... I was thinking
of
maybe dowel pegs that can be un-plugged, but that sounds difficult to match
up.

If I were doing this, I'd either use one of the many prebuilt adjustable
shelf bracket systems (usually involving clips that fit into a
perforated strip or into one of a series of holes drilled in the frame),
or else construct and attach a series of notched supporting battens
something like in the attached sorry attempt at a sketch. Only one is
shown, but you'd presumably want a bunch evenly spaced on either side of
the frame, at maybe 1 or 2 inch intervals. The shelf could be slid in
between any set of these, and then rests in the long notched-out portion
and is held in position by the dog at the end and the lip on the frame
at the far side.

--
Andrew Erickson

lose." -- Jim Elliot