Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 08:54:48 +0000, Robin wrote:

Can anyone recommend a soldering iron that, er, works.

FWIW LiDL in Reading currently have a 30W iron with a quite neat small
pointed tip, and a stand with a springy holder, all for a fiver!

The stand even has a pair of fold-up plastic arms with croc clips on
ball-joints for holding bits while you solder them.

Dunno how good the iron is but I figured I was buying a stand with a free
iron thrown in :-)

--
John Stumbles

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.