Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Copper pipe and cabel - cheaper when?

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

In article ,
Tim S wrote:
One of the benefits of Viessmann is their documents are all online,
including the installer manuals (which appears very thorough). No
masonic-society approach, and I've spoken to their tech support twice and
on both occasions they've been excellent.

I've found their documents assume a thorough knowledge of the product -
more a sort of reminder of the training course you've supposed to have
been on. I did two 'mods' to mine - added weather compensation and an
extra remote programmer (was used to having one on the kitchen wall rather
than having to go to the actual boiler). There were no step by step
instructions on altering the software to incorporate these in the
instructions - I ended up having to ask their tech guys. Who luckily are
very helpful. And it was so complex I can't imagine the average installer
carrying around this information in his head.

Hi Dave,

So did you find any problems during the basic install (before you added the
extra mods) - or are there any gotchas worth knowing about?

I'm fitting the Vitodens Compact 100 which is about the simplest unit they
make (and purposely so).

Cheers

Tim