Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cast iron downspout

wrote:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:27:15 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Hi,

I have aluminum downspout that go into a cast iron pipe. I pulled it
out as I thought it was plugged. I discovered that it was not plugged
and also that there seamed to be another pipe in the ground. Does
anyone know where that pipe goes and/or how the cast-iron-pipe-in-the-
ground system works?

Thanks,

Carl

http://www.gaihosa.com

Those cast iron pipes always go thru the earth and come out on the
other side of the earth. That's what makes it rain on the other side.
If you live in the US, you are supplying rain to China. As you all
know, the rain comes up from the ground on the other side of the
planet, as is everything else in reverse.

Here's how to test the pipe. Learn to speak Chinese or at least say a
few common words to them. Look down the pipe and hollar loudly
something like "Hello China" (in chinese). They will likely answer if
the pipe goes there. If not, yell louder, and maybe get a few drunken
neighbors to yell along with you..... Be patient, they might be busy,
so try a little later if no one answers.

What if the pipe was actually made in China?
Does it not have a built in translator?

TDD