Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Anyone using LED lighting at home yet?

On Nov 4, 4:22*pm, wrote:
"Pete C." wrote:

wrote:

Sam's club has some replacement bulbs that are LED
based. *Three pack for $15 BUCKS

Anyone tried or using such lighting?

I haven't used them and from what I've seen LED home lighting isn't
ready for prime time. If my local Sam's has those, I'll certainly pick
up a pack to fiddle with at that modest price.

Sam's here has em

The package says they use 1.5 watts but give light
output of 40 watt reg bulb

If it realy uses 1.5 w it cant output more than a 20 w incandesant or
someone invented something that will save the worlds resources, the
record in labs for 1.5w might be 18w equivilant. The led is
directional not like a regular bulb, think of measuring a 1.5w mini
mag light, how you rate it can be deceptive. Try it in a dark room and
compare it to a 40w incandesant and see how it lights the whole room,
try a basement and view from a distance if you can and let us know.
The best deal in easy conversion that saves are cfls that do save 75%
over incandesant, as a 9w cfl = a 40 incandesant, and at HD here they
are 1$. These are proven in Lumen output and work.