Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default stuck bedroom door

In article ,
Bill writes:
In message , dustie
writes
hi all

This is the most ridiculous and annoying problem ever, in fact I can't
believe I'm about to write this but, here goes... I can't open the door to
one of my upstairs bedrooms anymore! The damned thing has suddenly
overnight become completely immovable!!?? It's almost like something is
blocking it from the other side but, there's nothing behind it that could
have fallen over or anything and I'm absolutely baffled as to what the hell
it could be that's causing it.

Anyone ever encountered anything like this before? Short of going up a
ladder and smashing my way in from the outside, I can't think of what else
to do?

I've had a bad evening with the PC so thanks for brightening my day!

Can you tell where it is stuck? Top, bottom, side etc. ? If it is all
then I would suggest that it has got damp and swelled, if so maybe get
some one to hold the handle down while you give it a good shove. If just
the handle side is it moveable at the top and bottom but not the middle,
has the catch failed and although it appears to be operating in reality
it isn't? What ever, have fun. :-)
Can't be as bad as my neighbour, he managed to lock his keys in his
bedroom a while back.
Best of luck.

Reminds me when I was a kid, and one of neighbours managed to
get suck in their bedroom. I think the doorhandle broke off
or something like that. That got all the neighbours out with
their ladders. ISTR there was almost a race to see who could
rescue them first. Anyway, after this fairly elderly couple
had been rescued and brought down the ladder, someone popped
back indoors, and discovered that all that had been needed
was for someone to nip upstairs and open the door from the
other side!

--
Andrew Gabriel