Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wiz561@gmail.com is offline

Default Window Jamb Extensions?

On Nov 4, 7:59*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

A "jamb extension" is the addition of wood to extend a door or window
jamb out beyond the wall surface, such as when you use 2 x 6 studs.

Ah, ok. This makes sense now.

It sounds like you want to add some type of trim to narrow the width
of the finished opening so that instead of seeing the window sash,
you'll see wood along the sides of the blinds. If that's the case, it
certainly couldn't hurt to stop by a lumber yard or home center and
grab some short pieces of trim of various designs and put them up
against the window to see if you like the way it comes out.

Thank you for the idea. I thought that custom blinds would cost $$$.
Unfortunately though, at the home store, the next size blind is way
too large. So, I think that what I will do is try your suggestion out
and see what happens.

Thanks for the ideas!!!