Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Sic semper tyrannis

I'm off to a 14 hour day working as an election worker. I'm afraid for my
country today. Vote for whoever you believe in, and live with it. I'm
going to vote for the man who is proud to be an American.

You're twice the glutton for punishment that I am. I work from 2:00 P.M.
until everything is counted and recorded. Polls close at 8:00. With luck
we'll have all tallies cross checked and verified by 9:30.

Two years ago, one voter got a ballot without signing the roster - it took
hours to prove and find the error. The voter had come in at 7:58 and needed
same day registration My job. It was well after closing by the time I had
the registration complete and the roster judges had already started their
counts. Somehow, the voter got a ballot from the ballot judge without the
roster receipt. WE LEARNED OUR LESSON. No closing and counting until the
last voter has left the building.

Karl