Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Sic semper tyrannis

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 05:33:25 -0800, "SteveB"
toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I'm off to a 14 hour day working as an election worker. I'm afraid for my
country today. Vote for whoever you believe in, and live with it. I'm
going to vote for the man who is proud to be an American.

Steve

------------------------
Thanks for the service. Its citizens like you that make *ANY* of
this work.

I just had a long conversation with a close friend in Brazil
using MSN messenger about the mechanics of the US elections. The
Brazilians continue to be amazed at the continued problems we
have with such a simple activity as voting.

Voters in initiative states such as California may want to
consider a petition drive to force the state to adopt the
Brazilian system including mandatory voting.

Why mandatory voting?

--
Ed Huntress