Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac Generator EXL5500 start problems

What others are hinting: Remove the spark plug, and then give a couple yanks
on the pull rope. See if any gasoline or oil sprays out of the spark plug
hole. It's possible liquid is getting into the cylinder. After three or four
yanks, put the spark plug back in, and see if it pulls easier.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Glia" wrote in message

Dan:
I am trying to start without any electric load connected is that is
what you refer to. Is there a way to disengage the actual coil from
the generator? I can turn the flywheel when I remove the pullstart
relatively easily when the spark plug is removed. So of course does
the starter motor. However, when I put the spark-plug back in it is
next to impossible to turn either using the motor that locks up or by
pulling on the string like a mad-man.
Harry