Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

In article
,
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Nov 2, 6:44 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Ian White wrote:

Leaded solder is easily available from a wide variety of electronics
suppliers in reasonably small quantities (for example, try
www.rapidelectronics.co.uk). It's just Maplin that is out of step.

As I said before companies like Rapid have a minimum order value

Rapid don't, and never have. Farnell have been known to waive theirs
if you ask nicely. You may be charged a "handling charge" but there's
no minimum order value for the goods.

Yes - but that's effectively the same thing. Rapid charge a lot for P&P
on small value items. Like 5.50 + vat for a reel of solder.

I also doubt Farnell would waive their charge for a new customer.

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.