Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ardamerr Ardamerr is offline

Default U.K. Gas and Electricity Prices

I know that this post is 'off topic' so to speak but I believe there
are many mature and concerned folk use this newsgroup and I value
their opinions as to both its content and intent. I have sent the
message copied below to a number of Labour M.P.s and I intend to send
it to every Labour M.P. over the next few weeks. I note with dismay
that, as at today the no. 10 Downing street e-mail facility is
'down'!? Do you believe there is any merit in the 'honourable'
members of this group either sending similar (or even direct copies)
messages to M.P's?

If you consider that I am way out of order in posting this message on
this newsgroup then I beg your forgiveness. As we are all affected by
the issues raised I do think that we all should let our M.P.s know if
we are not happy with their performance.

THE MESSAGE:

"Prior to posting this e-mail I happened to say to a friend that I
wanted to appeal to

the consciences of some Labour M.P.s. My friend remarked that
polititians don't have

any such thing as a conscience or if they ever did they are certainly
'seared' by the

time they have been in the House of Commons for very long! Well, that
may be true

but, on the points below those dead consciences may be revived?

This 'New' Labour government has failed to protect savers assetts,
allowed and

encouraged the dis-inheriting of families of the old, infirm and
vulnerable who need

genuine care, by placing them in so called 'care homes' simply for
their assets to be

stripped! The care of the old and vulnerable should be the express
responsibility of

the state. And now,adding insult to injury, the power supply
companies and petrol

supply industry has been given the green light to rip-us-off to their
hearts content!

I believe that this government is cursed with the curse of God!

This government has been complicit in condemning the British people to
abject misery,

extreme discomfort, and cold, not to mention serious ill health and
fuel poverty by

your tacit (or perhaps explicit) approval of the obscene price rises
and current

prices for domestic fuels of all types. In terms of home heating we
are reduced to

the level of a third world economy, that we are being charged four,
five or even more

times the real wholesale price of energy by the monopolistic six
energy companies is

common knowledge and verifyable on the internet. Ofgem is a sick
joke, electricity,

gas, oil and water are essentials and not optional for the hapless
residents of this

cold and unpleasant land so heating commodities should be made
available to the

general population at minimum cost and subsidised. You have totally
failed to make

ANY provision for the storage of gas accross the nation which could
have been

purchased cheaply for use over the Winter months. You have also
encouraged the tacit

colusion of price fixing by the so called power companies at the
expense of the

populations heath and well being, and even death due to extreme cold!

If You really do want to be re-elected then protect 100% of savers
assets, yes, and

more importantly, take power distribution, fuel supply and water
companies back into

public ownership! And of course, make the care of the elderly and
vulnerable TOTALLY

FREE! It's funny how you can nationalise a bank or two when it suits!

I encourage you to take every action at your disposal to quickly
address the above

concerns to reverse this greed driven trend. Contrary to what you may
believe, come

the next general election we, the electorate, will not forget these
issues. "