Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Ordering concrete for delivery

On Nov 3, 8:47*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
MiamiCuse wrote:
In this case there are just too much of it so I need to have it
delivered.

I have not done this before, but when the truck comes how do you get the
concrete from the truck into the house into the room that you need to do
the pour? *Do they shoot into a wheel barrow and you wheel it to where
you need, dump it in and you go back out for more? *or they have someone
that will actually move the concrete to the desired location and finish
it for you? *I heard that some truck has a hose that you can carry to
different areas to have the concrete pump through the hose. *In my case I
have 4 bathroom slabs to do so this will be very handy.

How much (area to finish, yds to pour) you talking about?

You've no chance by yourself to offload and finish four sizable slabs by
yourself in one pour.

You either need to be able to do these separately (not economically
feasible since probably each isn't large enough for a delivery) or get
some _EXPERIENCED_ help lined up for at least the finishing; you can just
get some strong buddies and rent some 'barrows to hump into place, but
once it's there, you've only got a limited time to screed, trowel and
finish and four slabs of any size are more than you're going to do by one
guy if not a pro 'cause you'll just not be fast enough to do a good job..

--

I have about 52 SF of area to fill, 4" thick, so its 18 CF or less than 1
yard. *It's not a lot but spread over 4 rooms, and some of the bathrooms are

Also, I do not have a straight smooth access to these rooms, whether it is
from the main entrance or from the garage there are a few steps up to the
main floor elevation, so I would need a ramp.

That is why I am curious about those special services that can actually
extend a hose and let u direct it to the exact spot before they pump I think
it's worth the trouble if the wheel barrow step is eliminated. *I will have
to arrange additional help.

MC

Fifty sq ft is a really small area of concrete to finish BUT it's
spread out over 4 rooms.

Some of the rooms are "far from the front door"

we used to routinely order & have pumped a truck or two of
concrete ...we paid for a pumper to come & setup and pump the load

the charge was in the $150 to $250 range depending on time & quantity

I've you checked into having less than a yard delivered?....that's WAY
below the minimum short load for typical transit mix

check the yellow pages for a mix truck service....one that has dry
components and will mix what you need.

Honestly I think you're way too small a job for transit mix & pumper
and maybe even a dry mix truck

I'd rent or borrow a mixer and do the rooms one at a time. You'll
have way better control of the process.

cheers
Bob