Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Buderus or Crown Boilers

On Nov 3, 9:01*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
I'm considering upgrading my heating/hot water boiler in the next year. *It
still works, but at 30 years it is possibly going to die at some point so
I'm starting to plan ahead.

I'm considering either a Buduerus or Crown Boiler.

http://www.crownboiler.comwww.crownb...s/MegaStor.pdf

http://www.buderus.net/*is the other

I don't have hard quotes, but ball park is $7000 to $7500 for boiler and
indirect water heater. *Efficiency is 86% so I'll be saving a bit over
present heater, but I don't see huge savings. *I'm at 75% to 80% now so on
800 gallons I'll cut back 80 gallons or $240 a year. *Unless someone show
that is incorrect, the payback is very long at $3 a gallon.

Comments welcome.

Why not a 92%+ condensing boiler.