Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Buderus or Crown Boilers

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
I'm considering upgrading my heating/hot water boiler in the next year.
It still works, but at 30 years it is possibly going to die at some point
so I'm starting to plan ahead.

I'm considering either a Buduerus or Crown Boiler.

www.crownboiler.com
http://www.crownboiler.com/products/...s/MegaStor.pdf

http://www.buderus.net/ is the other

I don't have hard quotes, but ball park is $7000 to $7500 for boiler and
indirect water heater. Efficiency is 86% so I'll be saving a bit over
present heater, but I don't see huge savings. I'm at 75% to 80% now so on
800 gallons I'll cut back 80 gallons or $240 a year. Unless someone show
that is incorrect, the payback is very long at $3 a gallon.

Comments welcome.

I use to wire lots of Crown boilers. They were fine and held up well. I do a
lot of Peerless now, which I find similar to Crown, and hold up fine as
well. I'm not a big fan of Buderus oil boilers, but only because I don't
like the layout of the controls. It makes wiring messy, but I sure do love
the color.