Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to drill a 3/4" hole in metal?

wrote:
0ERRRRRRR!!! Wrong! I have a one inch step bit
in my drill case. It doesn't have a drill point.
I have to drill a 1/2 inch hole first. Large
step bits are very expensive and may only be
available from supply houses that serve more of
a professional clientele. I've been working in
the field of fabrication (not the political kind)
for many years so I know these things. I'm also
a tool junkie. Google before you post. One example:

http://tinyurl.com/5sfgnc

TDD

Your example won't work. It has a 5/8 shank

"Google before you post"

It was just an example of a large bit. It can drill
a large hole. My 3/4 step bits have a 3/8 shank and
I have used them to drill 3/4" holes in 1/4 inch
aluminum without a problem. Comprehend before you
post.

TDD