Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT Propane, No Usage Fee?

They said my propane is currently $2.19/gallon. I'm currently setting up my
home to use Fuji PID Fuzzy Logic temperature controllers wired to solid
state relays with oil filled radiators. The propane heat provides 30,000
btu/h and the electric heaters and temp controls let me adjust different
areas/zones.

RogerN

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
rg...
In ,
on Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:08:13 -0700 (PDT), ,
wrote:

You might have a look at this .
http://www.geokiss.com/info-kit/survival.pdf

It gives info on how to compare cost of different fuels. Propane used
to be relatively cheap, but now in my area it is more expensive for
heating than electricity. I am thinking about replacing the hot water
heater with an electric one.

I don't even have to look at an enegy calculator.
Just got #2 oil last week for $2.99/gal. and propane
is coming this week for $3.12/gal.
HUH??? With propane only yielding... what, ~70% the
heat content of oil, propane is a REALLY BAD deal right
now.

--
??