Posted to alt.home.repair
Toffee Monday[_3_] Toffee Monday[_3_] is offline

Default Skylights: double up the rafters?

wrote in message
On Oct 25, 11:27 am, "Toffee Monday" wrote:
wrote in message

I'm very proficient in framing, you needn't attempt to tell me how
framing
is done.

Last time I checked, people in this thread were giving advice to the
guy who made the original post, not you, so no need to get testy.

You replied to me specifically, not the OP. Look at the thread, if you
wanted to reply to the OP, don't do it through me.

LOL, you're trying to tell me not to get testy? I have news for you, don't
reply to anything, if you're going to attempt to dictate the responses.

You missed the OP's question, I suggest you re-read it. They're not
cutting
any rafters.-

Well, I did mis-read the question a bit. And you could certainly
take the question that way. However, just because some homeowner on
here says they are putting a skylight between 2 rafters, doesn't mean
they aren't cutting one out in between the two. If you cut one in
the middle, you still have a skylight between two rafters. No
mention was made of the size of the sklight or the spacing of the
rafters. Just that fact alone should tell you that the person
seeking advice may not fully understand the situation.

If you want to read something into the question posed, that's your right.