Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Whose finger on the nuclear button...

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"z" wrote in message
On Nov 2, 9:39 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

wrote in message

OR

A cool, calm, patient, very well-educated (PhD in international
relations; taught Constitutional Law at one of the best universities
in the country (full disclosu I am a U of C alumg)...

I'll take the first guy. I know what he is. The second guy is too much
like a slick snake oil salesman and I don't trust him one teeny little
bit.

wouldn't it be smarter for all the folks who voted for bush to vote
AGAINST the candidate they like this time?

Then we should vote for Nader? I'm thinking maybe I'll vote Libertarian
this time around.

Actually,the People know very little about Obama;
he refuses to release his college records and papers.

Geo. W. Bush's would be far more interesting.

He hid his close association with terrorist Ayers,and continues to claim he
knew nothing about Ayer's terrorist,communist beliefs.(but worked closely
with him on Annenberg Challenge and Woods Foundation)

They served on a board together, which is far from proof that they had
any sort of personal relationship.

He sat in Rev.Wright's church for 20 yrs,and was mentored by him,but knew
nothing about Wright's hate for America or his Black Liberation Theology
beliefs.(either Obama's incredibly clueless or lying)

I would not equate Wright's sermon as "hate for America"........fire and
brimstone, yes. Angry?
Perhaps. Wright is a really interesting, intelligent person. The same
declaration by a minister, in a
sermon, and by a politician are very different, IMO. Shall we talk
about all the loonie ministers
who came to fame with R. Reagan?

I was in church, visiting away from home church, when the pastor's
sermon included an admonition
against selling property to Catholics. Proof members are prejudiced?
No. Proof of absolutely
nothing beyond the pastor's words.

If everyone who harps about Wright's sermon is commenting on principle,
then they certainly
should be just about worn out by now ..... or is it just African
American ministers?

As far as "teaching Constitutional Law",Obama believed DC's gun ban was
Constitutional,but reversed himself when the USSC ruled it IS
unconstitutional.

Appropriate for a lawyer, no?

BTW,when asked what accomplishments of note Obama has achieved,not even his
close advisors can answer without evasion.

President of Harvard Law Review.
Graduated Harvard without daddy's influence.
Got elected Illinois Senate.
Genius at voting laws, trends, demographics, organizing.
Very cool under pressure.........mission accomplished?

Consider that Obama would seat "empathic" Judges that would ignore the

Mebbe he was thinking of the high proportion of prison inmates of AA
descent, hundreds? convicted
of capital crimes who later were proven innocent. Illinois governor
suspended executions
because of that ..... last I read of it, somewhere around 100 or more
sentenced to death row
were proven innocent by the Innocence Project based on DNA tech. not
available when they were
tried. Or, mebbe he's just soft hearted ) I've not had any ancestors
lynched for being black, so it's hard to
walk in the shoes of African Americans.

Constitution and rule based on their own feelings,instead of what our
Constitution actually says.(there goes Written Law)

Got a quote? I worry more about GWB abuse of the written law.