Posted to alt.home.repair
Glia Glia is offline

Default Generac Generator EXL5500 start problems

I have been using this electric start generator for about 2 years on
and off, typically once a month. Last time I tried to start it it
sounded like the battery was close to dead, but it was not. It was
very hard to turn. In fact, using the rope it was a killer to get it
started an I managed to do so only a few times. It turns well with the
spark plug removed but very hard with it attached. Too much
compression to turn. I read somewhere that there is a decompression
valve deep in the crankcase. Could it be anything else. Once it runs,
it runs good. But by now, its almost impossible to start.