Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default introducing new reader here

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:52:50 -0600, Bob Daun wrote
(in message ) :

Tom
Sorry it has taken this long to get back to you. I did my first bowl on a
lathe in my high school lab back in 1952. That was also my last one until I
bought my Shopsmith in 1986. I made a fair amount of small furniture such
as file cabinets, end tables, coffee tables, bookcases, etc. I decided to
give wood turning a shot and I found that it worked pretty well. It was
much improved after I got the new tool holder attachment. I turned many
bowls (mostly segmented bowls) over the following 10 years. Last winter I
bought a Jet 1442 and am doing all my turning on that at present (it is a
little easier as it is taller than the SS and I don't have to bend over as
much.

I am going to give a site where you can view some of my bowls. Most are
segmented but a few are staghorn summac from my back yard and silver maple
from a friends yard.

The site is http://www.drop.io/rjdaun2. Clicking on the link should take
you there. Clicking on the pictures will give a larger view.

Hope you enjoy.

Bob

thanks for your posting. I will check out your site. Some sumac grows around
here, but it is never larger than brush or shrub.
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.