Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default Electrical Regs 2002 and earth bonding

I did my 'leccy C&G back in 1995 and new regs seem to
zip past me like speedy zippy things. I've just got a quote
for new/replacement supplies to my flats and it mentions
the earthing needs to comply with the Electrical Safety
Quality and Continuity Regulations 2002. I've read through
the HMSO paper and it all seems to be regulations for
suppliers and distributers, other than one mention of:
"the consumer must not join the earth and neutral conductors
within an installation".

In other words, a "normal" installation, phase earth and
neutral everywhere. Is that correct, or am I missing
something?

ta.

--
JGH