Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default SDS Drill brushes

On 3 Nov, 00:11, GMM wrote:
I bought a cheapo (McKeller) SDS drill about a year ago. I haven't
used it very often but, when I have, it's been incredibly useful
(makes chases and cutting holes for electrical boxes a breeze).
Yesterday it stopped working (stuttering and sparking). It came with
a spare pair of brushes - changed them and it was fine.
Now - the question is, where can I get some more? If I can't, then its
days are numbered and (shock horror) I might be forced to go and buy a
good one. I got it when a branch of Focus was closing down, so no
point in going back there (!) and I somehow doubt that another branch
would carry them. Googling mostly brings up wire brushes for drills,
rather than carbon brushes: I thought I might find 'carbon brushes
are us.co.uk' but no such luck...
Does anyone know of a good source?

Brushes are fairly standard design. You can file them down to fit the
slots they slide in. Keep the old ones / measure the replacement ones
before use. Search on google for "carbon brushes" (include the
quotes). If you can find a local spares place, take the spare ones you
have along and they should have something similar. I filed down some
old brushes to make replacements for a no-name drill and it worked
fine.
Simon.