Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Ordering concrete for delivery

On Nov 2, 10:50*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
Hi, *I finished my small concrete project today and next is to backfill the
holes in the slabI have opened up in four bathrooms for the plumbing
relocation. *I have done the soil backfill, compaction, visqueen added back,
rebar drilled and tied and all ready to go.

In this case there are just too much of it so I need to have it delivered..

I have not done this before, but when the truck comes how do you get the
concrete from the truck into the house into the room that you need to do the
pour? *Do they shoot into a wheel barrow and you wheel it to where you need,
dump it in and you go back out for more? *or they have someone that will
actually move the concrete to the desired location and finish it for you? *I
heard that some truck has a hose that you can carry to different areas to
have the concrete pump through the hose. *In my case I have 4 bathroom slabs
to do so this will be very handy.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MC

You can use a wheelbarrow or even a self-propelled wheelbarrow that
they make for it. But you should get a few people to help. Humping
concrete all day is tiring.

They do make pumps but they are generally another piece of equipment
that you have to pay for.

If you're using wheelbarrows you should check to see if they have a
time limit on the truck before they start charging you for being on-
site. If there'll be a delay, you should discuss that with the
company to so they can adjust the concrete accordingly.

If you can put in some channels or something to get to the back of the
house it might let the concrete flow but you don't have much height to
get it there. Better yet is to see how far back you can get the truck
-- it's easy to replant you lawn.