Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default how much is a square?

In article , "badgolferman" wrote:

How you get your stated 1800 sq ft house under a 40x80 roof is I just
cannot envision.

I have a two-car garage,

2-car garage is somewhere around 700 sf. Add that to 1865 sf for the house,
and you're still at 2600 sf tops -- really hard to see how it's going to take
4000 sf of shingles to cover that...

three large bedrooms, big kitchen, big living
room, converted den on garage level, two bathrooms. City assessment
shows 1865 sq. ft. but I don't know if that includes the den and garage
or just "livable space". Let's lower the dimensions to 78' x 38' which
is probably closer to actual.

"Probably". Meaning you haven't actually measured it. Meaning you're ripe for
plucking by any unscrupulous contractor.

Regarding the pitch, from the peak to
about halfway down it's a steeper angle than it is from halfway down to
the eave.

I'm trying hard to picture that... and coming to the conclusion that you
stated that backwards.