Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default bagger for rider

On Nov 2, 9:51 am, dpb wrote:
Eric in North TX wrote:

...I've had riders with baggers;
and they were bulky & hampered maneuverability + didn't really work
that well.

Have (and have had) several...while somewhat true about the added size
(pretty much inevitable to obtain the functionality), they have and do
work quite satisfactorily.

It really depends on the lawn, I have lots of trees, and you can get
pretty close if you bob and weave with your torso, and mulch out from
the trunk a couple feet, but the discharge side is just useless with a
bagger, + even with the giant setup with 3 bags, it seems to be a
constant chore to empty them. Still we used them for years, mainly to
gain compost and for weed control.