Posted to alt.home.repair
Toffee Monday[_3_] Toffee Monday[_3_] is offline

Default Skylights: double up the rafters?

"Lou" wrote in message
Call me on it all you want you moron, there are codes on this. It has
to do with
any sizable opening in the roof whether for a skylight, chimney, or
even a dormer.
Not only have I been a card carrying carpenter for 30 years, I can
out build you, out work you, and
apparently out think you any day, any time, any where. You are
obviously nothing
more than a hack with daddy's hammer. Get back behind the McDonald's
counter
where you belong.

Geez, I seemed to hit a nerve! BTW, there's nothing wrong with being a
handyman, if you have a clue!

Now I know you have a reading comprehension problem, but the OP said they
were going between rafters. Since you obviously do not know how to use
Google, I took it upon myself to do part of your homework for you.

Here's an article from Fine Home Building, page 86 will help you with your
lack of knowledge.
http://tinyurl.com/6bk4c8
-OR-
http://books.google.com/books?id=_-F...esult#PPA86,M1

Please quit making yourself look like a fool! Anyone with any knowledge
knows if you've been a card carrier for 30 years, please 4 years of
apprenticeship, should not still be doing any type of framing work! Your
agility is shot, and you had better moved on to at the very least,
supervision!

Now, it's time to show that code you been trying to play or shut up!