Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Adding Sentinel X100 concentrate.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:28:00 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 12:25:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
18 months ago I got my CH boiler replaced and I made sure the guy
connected up the existing drain pipe to the outside down pipe and
also fitted a filling point beside the boiler for the concentrate
.It's just a branch off the pipe from the boiler which is turned
upwards for a few inches and has a compression stop on the end
that you remove when it needs refilled or topped up.

You'll still need to drain down before adding concentrate - and
rather further than if you use the highest rad in the house. In
other words, drain about a bucket full out of a sealed system. Add
the concentrate via the bleed valve on the highest rad. Then refill
and with luck only that rad or it and the others on that level will
need bleeding.

I take it that reply is directed at the OP?

No - to you.

Well in that case maybe it would have been helpful if you had explained
why I should do it that way instead of using the "filling point" which
seems a lot easier .

Have you actually tried it - and are familiar with other methods? It's
just that saying you got 'the guy' to do such and such suggests not. As
does plumbing in the drain point - it's not as though draining the system
is an everyday requirement.

I don't see what your problem is . It 's a lot simpler to use this
than do it through the radiator . Draining the system may not be an
everyday req't but I might as well make it easier when it does need to
be done .

And none of the radiators are "highest" . They are
all on the same level as I live in a flat .

OK. But for most the biggest hassle when adding inhibitor is introducing
air to the system which has to be bled out afterwards. And I can't see
your idea minimising this.

Bleeding radiators is a real problem is it ? I've never found it to
be so.