Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Default Skylights: double up the rafters?

On Oct 25, 10:33 am, "Toffee Monday" wrote:
"Lou" wrote in message

I've been a carpenter for 30 years. I have yet to
see a communities building code that doesn't require
doubling up the rafters. It's typical for bigger towns
and cities.

Absolutely not. I call you on this. You may have been a handyman for 30
years, a carpenter, no. There's no code which calls for "doubling rafters",
in the OP's situation.

In fact, type into your favorite search engine on how to install a
skylight.

Call me on it all you want you moron, there are codes on this. It has
to do with
any sizable opening in the roof whether for a skylight, chimney, or
even a dormer.
Not only have I been a card carrying carpenter for 30 years, I can
out build you, out work you, and
apparently out think you any day, any time, any where. You are
obviously nothing
more than a hack with daddy's hammer. Get back behind the McDonald's
counter
where you belong.
Lou