Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default put a euro socket in a uk house

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 11:07:41 +0000 someone who may be Rod
wrote this:-

The main poor features of ES lampholders
are the way the lamp unscrews (due to heat) and the possibility of
wiring the live to the threaded bit (which is bound to happen in a
system with unpolarised plugs and sockets).

Sorry, is that the BC lampholder which allows two live connections to be
touched? (I accept that ES also suffers this possibility.)

The issue is when the lamps are in place. When the lamp is in place
in a BC lampholder it is not possible to touch any energised part.
However, when the lamp is in place in an ES lampholder it may be
possible to touch an energised part, particularly those with small
fingers, or push a metal item such as a knitting needle onto an
energised part.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh