Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics question (before I kill myself)

In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
I'm a little cautious with power tools and any kind of fluorescent. The
lights flicker - usually not so you'd notice - but this can cause a
strobe effect and freeze a moving object.

That only happens with mains frequency fluorescents - and only with crude
tubes. Modern electronic ones run at such a high frequency that strobing
won't be apparent. Or use high persistent tubes.

--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.