Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default put a euro socket in a uk house

In article ,
gazz wrote:
would there be any regulations i'd be breaking if i fitted a german
shuko style 2 pin with side earth strip socket in my house?

Almost certainly.

i have a german pinball machine which still has the molded on right
angle shuko plug on it's power lead, inside it also has a german shuko
power point for the engineers lamp to plug into (that one is bakalite
and non earthed, machine was made in 1976, so not that old), But i'd
like to keep the origional lead... just to emphasize more that it's a
german machine if that makes sense

Basicaly all i'd do is get a single outlet shuko socket, if possible a
switched one, and mount it next to the double 13 amp uk sockets,

i wouldent usually even give this kind of thing a second thought, i'd
put one in... better than using an adaptor or the easy solution which i
know is to change the power lead to a uk version.

Given the size of a pinball machine would an adaptor lead make that much
difference?

but we are going to have one of those bods from warm front come round
and assess how much insulation we need to have added (stair celing area
is totaly open to the roof and has no insulation at all) and i can just
imagine him noticing the shuko socket and getting arsey about it and
putting on his report that i have illegal sockets in the house or
something like that.

I doubt he'd be qualified in this sort of thing let alone interested.

If I were to do as you want I'd feed it via its own FCU/RCD unit. Like
this:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...e_2/index.html

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.