Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Propane, No Usage Fee?

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that "RogerN"
wrote on Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:57:08 -0500 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Back in August I needed my Propane filled, after numerous calls to
Ferrellgas and no answer, I left a message on their machine to call me I
needed to order some LP gas. They never returned my call so I used the
money I had reserved for them and converted my hot water to electric, the
Gas water heater was in bad condition anyway. Recently I got a new ventless
propane heater and just got the line run and it works great. I have been
saving $$$ to get my propane tank filled.

Today I received a bill from Ferrellgas for $212.43 for a "No Usage Fee".
They already charge me $36 per year for the tank. I've been working
overtime and saving money to order more propane but I don't think I want to
be a customer of such a crappy company as Ferrellgas that charges like this
for non useage.

Is this "No Usage Fee" a standard thing. I wasn't aware of any minimum
usage requirments. Just wondering if this is a normal or if I just have a
bad company.

Let me see if I have this correct. You wanted to order propane
from them, spent a lot of time & effort trying to get them to deliver
propane, and now they wish to bill you for their failure to sell you
propane?
Maybe you can bill them for the costs of converting to an
alternate source of hot water. And tack on some charges for their
failure to cash your check (the one not written to not-pay for the
propane they didn't deliver.)

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed