NikV

Default Installing gas cooker/oven in fitted kitchen

"Suz" wrote in message
Well B******* me I thought all those fitted ovens were electric - must

have
led a sheltered life:-) thanx for the link I will ahve a look around -

just
one question though what type of connection is needed for the gas -

cookers
I've had in the past had a bayonet type fixing. We've a gas hob so

there
must be a gas supply very close - can I use this??

PS why do you want a gas oven? Probably the reason you thought built-in
ovens were electric were because they are more popular. Gas hob/electric
oven is the most used combination. Fan assisted electric ovens have some
advantages over other slower electric or gas ovens (but not for baking
pavlova.. hmmm... pavlova..yum) but anyway, where was I? Oh yes, if baking
is important make sure that that it has conventional heat setting

available
too. Lots of good brands, but I love Neff ovens.

Suz

Moved about 2 years ago from similar sized house with Gas C/H, gas cooker
where gas bills were higher to current house with Gas C/H & Electric oven
(and economy 7) electric bills much much higher. Not really any changes in
other appliances or patterns of use (apart from rarely used electric shower
and washing machine/dishwasher on timers to run after 2am) - conclusion was
that electric oven is more expensive (lots of baking, casseroles, roasts,
pizzas). Not really scientific - not checked oven power rating, on times
etc. Also taste/smell of food such as pizzas seems wrong despite continual
cleaning of oven maybe a personal thing

Cheers for any thoughts

Nik