Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Electronics question (before I kill myself)

wrote:
As has been said, a CFL light would be better, but halogen works. 500w
is way OTT though - you can get lower wattage bulbs that will fit, or
really best to go get a cfl light. Even better get a pair, then you're
not working in hard shadows all the time.

I wouldnt recommend using power tools under a blindingly bright light
like that.

NT

I'm a little cautious with power tools and any kind of fluorescent. The
lights flicker - usually not so you'd notice - but this can cause a
strobe effect and freeze a moving object.

Andy