Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding Sentinel X100 concentrate.

In article ,
"John" writes:

wrote in message
Hello,

How do you add Sentinel X100 concentrate via a radiator on a sealed
system?

Do you have to partially drain the radiator?

What I would do is to turn off both valves then loosen one of the
connections at the radiator side of the valve to drain out some of the
(carpet staining) water - open the bleed valve to allow the water to run
out - then re-tighten and inject the Sentinel into the bleed valve. However
my radiators have a large bung in the top which has the bleed valve in it -
I have a square key to remove the bung- then re-fit using PTFE tape.

If I ever fit a system of my dreams it will have a drain point to the
outside of the house and a dosing point (whatever one is)

I did something similar, except I drained from the drain point
rather than unscrewing a radiator connector. One thing I over-
estimated was the amount of water in a modern radiator. I
drained it down a bit thinking I could pour in a litre through
the removed blanking plug, and got less than half that in
before the radiator was filled. Modern radiators have a rather
small water volume (which makes good sense).

--
Andrew Gabriel